With this problem in different periods of their life face many men. Fortunately, it is fairly easy to handle.
So what is premature ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation is when the man loses control over ejaculation. It can occur 30-60 seconds after the beginning of the work, and perhaps before penetration.
Although usually it refers to ejaculation during intercourse, in Principle, the problem can occur in the course of any sexual practice, including Masturbation.
Also, the standards for the duration of "normal" sexual intercourse forced on porn, forget. Medical data that you need to average time to ejaculation during sexual intercourse, about 4-5 minutes.
How widespread is this problem?
A lot. With this problem being faced by one of the three men in any age. Most often it occurs in men 18-40 years.
But, not every case of premature ejaculation is considered for diagnosis. If it does not bother you and often, then it is good.
According to the clinical findings, the diagnosis can be made if:
- Always or almost always finish the act within one minute after penetration.
- You are not able to delay ejaculation during sex always or almost always.
- After you feel down and upset and to avoid sexual intimacy.
Premature ejaculation can be classified as
- Lifelong (primary). Happens almost always begin with your first sexual encounters.
- Acquired (secondary). Develops after sexual intercourse and sexual practices that went without any problems with ejaculation.
Many men tend to believe that they have premature ejaculation, but their symptoms do not meet the medical criteria for its diagnosis.
Instead, they can be a natural periodic premature ejaculation, which includes periods of rapid ejaculation and is normal.
What are the reasons for premature ejaculation?
The exact cause is not known. It was once thought that only affect the psychological factors. It is now known that premature ejaculation may be associated with the complex interaction of psychological and biological reasons.
What are the psychological causes?
Harassment and abuse
Any violation of personal boundaries leaves a stamp of the character of a person. If you were faced with this, you can help the therapist to work through negative experiences.
It is important to remember that you are not alone and on the right side of it is that, not of the one who violated your boundaries.
Complexes for the body
Because of the mass media in connection with their appearance worried absolutely everyone on the planet. Look at the cool guys from BuzzFeed that talks about the pressure on people. And their photos processed to conform to "ideal standards" of beauty.
Both the state and medications may influence premature ejaculation. If you are on any medications and I don't know what you're depressed, but for a long time in the depression state, you may want to go to the psychologist.
Worry about what you could have premature ejaculation
If it happened more than once, the preoccupation with the possible error of the system can cause premature ejaculation.
Erectile dysfunction refers to the psychological problem, because men who focus on getting and maintaining an erection during sexual intercourse and unable to ejaculate prematurely.
Relationship issues with partner
If you were in the right in the sex with other people, and if premature ejaculation happened infrequently or not at all, perhaps the problem is in the relationship with the current partner.
As the researchers found, the lack of dialogue about sex, hygiene, and personal space in childhood directly affects problems in adult life. They lead not only to premature ejaculation but also erectile dysfunction.
If the family is not called genitals direct sense not to talk about personal space, Masturbation, sex, nocturnal emissions, the first manifestations of the work of the sexual function boy will cause stress.
The first wet dreams happen at the beginning of puberty. If the child is not ready or able to discuss with them, you will develop a sense of shame for any sexuality. And this is not a mythical feeling that a "real" man in me, you will be able to put down.
Scientists agree that the sense of shame for spontaneous erections, ejaculation and fear of getting caught during Masturbation, you will develop or the total inability to relax, or this reflex, which is to orgasm the man will require less than two minutes.
If a teenager used to the idea that you need to complete as quickly as possible, the premature ejaculation will become the norm for the body. For recovery without the help of experts, exercises, or medications will be very difficult.
Early sexual experience
This question is not accepted to discuss, the boys no one is saying that morally they may not be ready to have sex. Instead, there is an unspoken code that a long time virgo is deadly for the reputation and what is not "really a man to doubt, to think and to reflect.
This can be explained: as for the sex not is to say, a teenager can learn about sex, only by doing them.
But medical workers and psychologists note that many young people minimize the importance of sex with another person, so often surprised by the intensity of the emotional reaction, especially if the relationship does not continue.
They recommend to ask a few questions before having sex:
- You will understand the physical component of sex? You know how it is physically organized, you and your partner?
- Are you ready to cope with all the consequences of sex (stds, unwanted pregnancy)? You will have access to a good condom?
- Because the probability of pregnancy and protected sex, are you ready to ensure that your partner can become pregnant? Do you have a plan of action in this case?
- If you still get Stds, what you will do? You will have the opportunity to receive treatment? Are you ready to tell someone who can help?
- You are comfortable talking about sex with your partner and to ask your doctor about safe sex practices?
If you have answered "no" to even one of the questions while you are not ready to have sex. Psychologists also note that sometimes it is enough just to ask yourself the question "am I Ready to have sex?" If you have doubts, then earlier.
Premature ejaculation during the first sexual intercourse, often suggesting that they were not ready for intimacy. To delay sexual life time is better than an emotional breakdown or become infected.
And what are the biological reasons?
Experts identify the following biological reasons:
- Abnormal hormone levels.
- Abnormal levels of brain chemicals — neurotransmitters.
- Inflammation and infection of the prostate or the urethra.
When to go to the doctor?
If the ejaculation occurs earlier than wanted in the course of the majority of sexual contacts, go to the doctor.
Doctors say that premature ejaculation is normal and common, treatable.
They also added that for some men, it is enough conversation with the urologist to get rid of this problem. Or it turns out that there is no problem, and the man simply does not know what random premature ejaculation is the norm, and the average time from beginning of intercourse to ejaculation is about five minutes.
What are the treatment options?
Usually treatment options for premature ejaculation include behavioral techniques, anesthetics, medications, and consultation. Keep in mind that it may take some time to find the treatment or combination of treatments that will work for you.
Doctors often recommend counseling. This can be psychotherapy, as well as a conversation with your partner.
There are effective behavioral method. Better to start with Masturbation without a partner. "Will you come to such a degree that they are going to ejaculate and then stop and think about what might be cool".
Other behavioral methods can help:
- Masturbation an hour or two before sexual intercourse.
- The failure of conventional sex for a time, substitute it with other practices for reducing emotional pressure.
- Kegel exercises for the pelvic muscles. Stop urinating in the middle of the process, remember that the muscles that did it. Virus them 3 times a day for 10 repetitions for 3 seconds. Do not hold your breath, don't tense the muscles of the abdomen, thighs and buttocks.
- The art of the "pause-squeeze". How to correctly perform, you will tell the doctor.
- A condom made of thick latex, which reduce the sensitivity.
Medications must be recommended and select a doctor. They may consist of gels or anesthetics that reduce the sensitivity of the penis. But, a wrongly selected drug can lead to a serious loss of sensitivity.
How to chat with a doctor?
To speed up the diagnosis and selection of appropriate treatment requires a sound dialogue with the doctor.
You can ask all your questions, even if they seem unimportant or embarrassing you. You don't know what will help the doctor better understand your problem, so talk about what you care about. These questions can serve as a template:
- What can cause premature ejaculation?
- What tests do you recommend to take?
- What treatment do you recommend?
- How soon after treatment can I expect improvement?
- If it can be expected improvement?
- I have the risk again to be faced with this problem?
- There is an alternative to medicine that you prescribed?
- Is there any important information brochure or web-site that I should read?
To be prepared for the fact that your doctor may ask very personal questions that may seem inappropriate for you. Here is a sample list:
- How often do you get premature ejaculation?
- When for the first time experienced premature ejaculation?
- It happens only with a specific partner or with all?
- This happens when masturbating?
- This happens every time you have sex?
- How often you have sex?
- As far as you are concerned about premature ejaculation?
- How your partner concerned about premature ejaculation?
- How satisfied are you with your current relationship?
- Do you have problems with getting and maintaining an erection?
- Are you taking prescription drugs? If Yes, who have recently started or stopped taking?
- Do you use drugs?
Although the treatment will take some time, it will significantly improve the quality of your life. You do not need to delay going to the doctor because of shame. Remember that this is a common problem, can cause depression, destroy self esteem and make you avoid sex. And this despite the fact that to get rid of it is possible at any age.