Peyronie's disease – pathology, characteristic only for the male half of humanity.
The disease is characterized by the occurrence of pain during erection, which occurs on the background of fibrosis in the tunica albuginea. The disease is rare and is more common to men, at the age of forty to sixty years.
In some cases, this disorder can negatively affect conception, but it is present only in those cases where the penis is curved to the extent that they can not enter the female genital organs. It is therefore necessary to seek the help of professionals if you experience the first symptoms (the presence of a small seal, which is easy to detect the touch, pain during intercourse, strain every erection).
The basis of treatment is surgery. Among specialists, there is much debate about the effectiveness of therapies folk remedies at home.
What is it?
Peyronie's disease — a disease in which the penis is curved due to the progressive fibrotic changes in the protein shell of the penis. The disease is named after the French surgeon Francois Peyronie, who described it in 1743. Most often it affects of men aged from 30 to 60-65 years.
The reasons for the development
To date, not fully understood reasons that lead to disease, however, there are etiological factors which contribute to pathology:
- injuries of the penis;
- disorders in the endocrine system;
- closed fracture of the penis;
- hardening of the tissues of the penis;
- inflammation of the connective tissue – the connective tissue;
- some abnormality with the immune system;
- the inflammatory process in the urethra;
- taking certain medications;
- metabolic disorders;
- narrowing of the blood vessels, which are characteristic for atherosclerosis;
- elevated levels of serotonin in the body;
- connective tissue diseases;
- the lack of calcium and vitamin D;
- arterial hypertension;
- bad habits;
- coronary heart disease.
In extremely rare cases, the disease can be congenital. For example, in the pathology of the structure of the tunica albuginea or with an extremely short urethra. Apart from the congenital from the acquired – in the first case, the missing plaque. Deformation develops on the background of the threads in the cavernous bodies.
Small deformations are not serious disease and do not require surgical intervention.
By etiology we distinguish the following forms of the disease:
- The acquired form is characterized by the gradual loss of elasticity and enlargement of the connective tissue of the penis, which leads to distortion of the shape and appearance of the pain;
- The congenital form is usually caused by a genetic factor, and finds its manifestations in the compaction cavernous bodies of the penis.
In addition, there are three categories of Peyronie's disease, depending on the degree of curvature of the penis and the size of the fibrous education:
- Category 1 – the penis curvature up to 30 degrees, the size of the fibrous plaques up to 2 cm;
- Category 2 – the angle of curvature of from 30 to 60 degrees, the size of the fibrous plaques from 2 to 4 cm;
- Category 3 – the emergence of strong tilt angle of 60 degrees, the size of the fibrous plaques from the 4 see
The symptoms of Peyronie's disease:
- Erectile dysfunction deterioration of erection (the penis is not increased to the required size and do not harden).
- Curvature of the penis. This feature is visible.
- Pain. At the time of the erection the patient is faced with pain that in the end makes sexual intercourse very painful.
- Functional decline of the male penis. It is the result of the curvature of the body.
- Curvature of the penis (towards the abdomen, or scrotum, or sideways).
- Sometimes the place where the plaque can be stretched to the skin.
- Hypersensitivity of the penis that is observed even in the relaxed condition.
- The presence of tiles with a kind of seal under the skin of the penis, sometimes reaching large size up to 3 cm, which negatively affects the local circulation.
- The irregular shape of the penis. In some cases, when the more plaques, the sexual organ takes the irregular form in the form of a bottle, hourglass, etc.
Despite the fact that Peyronie's disease is not complicated healing, the consequences affect and the psychological activity and the General health condition of the patient:
- broken an erection on the background of pain, as well as a large number of psychological causes (emotional stress, sexual frustration, problems in intimate relationships);
- shortening of the penis;
- psychological disorders.
With timely treatment, these negative effects tend to be temporary and superficial. Of great importance for overcoming the negative consequences and successful rehabilitation has the moral support of a partner.
Fibro-plastic endurace of the penis (Peyronie disease) is determined by the experts, and quickly and easily. The plaque does not leave room for doubt, and, in principle, to determine the form of the disease, as well as the ability to conduct therapy or surgery. Some of the doctors are required to bring photo erect penis to determine how degree it is curved when excited. A list of what other methods are used in the diagnosis of:
- Ultrasound vessels of the penis to evaluate the blood circulation in the area of the developed seal. Also discovered the acute form of the disease;
- MRI diagnostics – the tissues of the body. A more accurate way to assess the flow of blood;
- Cavernosography is an x-ray after filling of the cavernous bodies of radiopaque fluid;
- Biopsy – a microscopic piece of tissue for subsequent laboratory tests;
- Doppler – such as ultrasound, to assess the status of blood vessels in the penis.
Appointment for exam can give the urologist, after previously collected anamnesis and palpation of the penis.
Algorithm for the treatment of patients with Peyronie's disease, which is in an early stage of development:
- The reduction of pain.
- The removal of the inflammation.
- Resorption of plaque.
- Stop the progression of the disease.
Treatment must last at least six months.
Experts do not recommend introducing any drugs directly into the plaque. The fact that even minor damage to the integrity of penis can be increased fibrosis. Sometimes, however, without injections do not succeed.
For this purpose, the use of such drugs, such as:
- Steroid. They are used only in the case if someone is sick and is not more than 1.5 years and the plaque is not formed completely. Hormones are very rarely used, because they allow to achieve the desired effect.
- Enzymes (collagenase). This tool allows you to soften the scar tissue as it breaks peptide bonds of the collagen. The product is placed in the plaque in normal penis. In 65% of the cases it is possible to reduce the curvature. The treatment lasts for 6 weeks. Injection put 2 times a 7 days. The procedure should be a professional, as an overdose of the enzyme, dangerous hemorrhage, and the emergence of new sites of fibrosis.
In addition to the use of drugs, a person may be recommended physiotherapy impact on the patient's body:
- The use of dia-dynamic current.
- The laser treatment.
- The mud treatment.
- UHT. This involves the use of a special device which is the source of the pulse. The doctor sends them directly to the site of fibrosis. This allows you to soften the plaque and straighten the penis. To be able to implement SWT, bends should not be more than 45 degrees.
It is important to remember that to use any drug is prohibited! It can cause the development of serious complications and health problems.
Surgical treatment is more effective, as it allows to simultaneously correct distortion and remove sealed components. The method of surgical intervention is determined in each case of Peyronie's Disease individual. So, if curvature of the penis at least 45 degrees, and its length is sufficient, plication, when the correction of the defect is due to the overlapping folds on the opposite side, the most recommended. Tissue is sutured of the special suture material, the penis loses some length, however, the likelihood of complications is minimal.
With sufficient penis length and curvature more than 45 degrees, a shell cut in the form of ellipses, and curves on the opposite side produce the closing of the special suture material. In case of insufficient length of the penis or failure of the patient from the above mentioned methods resorted to incision of the plaque with the subsequent use of plastic parts. The defect of the tunica eliminate through vaginal layer of the testis, skin graft or synthetic materials.
If Peyronie's Disease occurs with penile erection, then the optimal solution is lingham prosthetics or lingham implantation. This allows to eliminate problems with erection and correct curvature of the penis.
- Horse chestnut. In order to prepare a decoction, you need 20 grams of chestnuts (fruit). The first grind them, then add one Cup of boiling water, and then put on the fire. Boil for a quarter of an hour. When will cool down, pass through a sieve or cheesecloth and take a quarter Cup before eating. The treatment lasts three months.
- Herbal infusion. Mix equal parts (100 g), primrose, sage, initial letter, oregano, toadflax and burdock root. Send the collection in a thermos (2 large tablespoons) and add a Cup of boiling water. Leave to infuse in the course of the night. In the morning strain and take half a Cup four times a day, before meals (at least half an hour). It is important to cook each day new infusions that they were fresh.
- Ointments of leeches. Measure a quarter Cup of dried leeches and grind them into powder. Is mixed with a heparin ointment (15 g) and demixed (2 large tablespoons) and a glass of white honey. Then every day (once) and RUB on the penis. Start treatment when the moon drops.
- Medicinal baths. Three packages of sage pour in a bucket of boiling water, cover and leave for half an hour, then strain. Meanwhile, the dial to the bath water and pour back the strained infusion. But, do not get carried away, these procedures can be carried out not more often than once in two days and only for 15 minutes. As soon as you completed the procedure lay down in the bed. A larger effect occurs if the bath is used along with the techniques of decoction.
Because the disease develops slowly, there is a misconception that when the first signs it is best to use the medicine, to avoid medical intervention. But, it is important to remember that only the performance of the work is the only reliable method of treatment of Peyronie's disease in men.
Measures for the prevention of Peyronie's disease:
- do not have sex in a condition of narcotic or alcoholic intoxication, to exclude injuries of the penis;
- at the age of 30 to 60 every year to pass preventive examinations;
- leading a healthy way of life;
- control your weight;
- follow the pressure;
- wear comfortable underwear;
- exercise regularly.
In case of any disorders of the reproductive system it is necessary to consult a urologist to make the diagnosis and to begin treatment.