This is a method of surgical treatment consists of excision of the pathologically proliferating prostate tissue under the influence of the laser. When you remove the adenomatous tissue, the particles get into the bladder, for removal use of a special tool. The operation is performed through the urethra using endoscopic equipment.
Laser enucleation is reminiscent transvesically adenomektomii, however, have fewer complications, in the course of the operation and after it. Furthermore, the laser catheter as the device is not more than a day, and then it can be recovered. Self-service returns finished on the second day after the operation.
Adenomectomy is an open-source type of operation, and it is the removal of the pathological tissue in the prostate in the males through the incision into the abdomen and into the bladder. This procedure is provided to patients in the advanced stage of the disease, with large tumor size, or complications in the course of the disease.
In the course of the procedure, your doctor the affected areas of the prostate gland with your fingers, and then to introduce the ureteral catheter and the drainage to the outside for elimination. After the operation, the patient is discharged from the hospital after 7 days.
After the surgery to remove the prostate there is a risk that some of the results. Possible complications include the following:
- The penetration of the solution, which is the washing of the urinary bladder in a patient's blood;
- Bleeding: it occurs due to puncture of a nearby large blood vessel, such as to use the device, it is quite difficult to see the vessels; in some cases the loss of blood is so important is that it can be put in the blood transfusions;
- Violation of urination, which results in a decrease in urine output or inability to urinate: the reason for this state of affairs could be the comorbidities of the bladder, advanced age of the patient, or to some complication during the surgery;
- A complication of an infection of urinary ways, in the course of the operation;
- Damage to organs of the genitourinary system.
Check-ups of patients who have undergone surgery to remove the cancer and the adenoma is clear that the consequences of the primarily affects the sexual function. However, after a certain amount of time, power, and the erection to continue.
Also, some of the patients have reported at the onset of sexual activity for six weeks after the surgery) retrograde ejaculation, which means the reflux of sperm in the process of finishing, in terms of the urinary bladder. This condition affects the reproductive function, that is, there are problems with the methods, while retaining the ability to have a normal sex life.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia: causes, symptoms, clinical image,
The prostate gland is one of the most important internal organs, which take part in the performance of male reproductive function. With age, this body could be set up on the press release, the clumps of matter, tangles in the hair. These tumors are referred to as hyperplasia of the prostate gland.
To date, this pathology can be successfully treated with medication and by direct surgical intervention. The most important thing is to timely detect the presence of the disease and begin treatment, then we are able to achieve a positive result, even without the intervention of surgeons.
Since the prostate passes the urethra, because of the increase in the size of the body, the channel is severe. This causes the main symptom of this disease is a delay in urination. Generally, it is to be noted, when at the time of the urine, it is used the less the number of impulses increases, and the flow at the same time, it "wilts".
We also need to make an effort in order to make it finished. In this case, the patient is experiencing discomfort. In sexual life, he is becoming less active, an erection occurs with difficulty, and not all the time.
Among the reasons given for it, it is possible to allocate mainly to genetic predisposition, and age. Age is a key factor in men who are above forty years of age, adenoma is more common. Do not trust myths about the fact, that the venereal disease communicated earlier, it may cause the development of tumors. Also, it is not an irregular sexual life.
Part of the symptoms have already been named, but, in addition to the above, it is referred to as:
- it would seem that, after urination the bladder was not completely emptied;
- erectile dysfunction;
- night urination;
- this process can be interrupted.
What types of surgery are used to remove?
The prostate is a cause for several types of ways.
It is worth saying that this is not necessarily a classical surgery, medicine and, today, offers other, less invasive ways of removing the hyperplasia of the prostate gland.
The most effective method for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) — the removal of the prostate gland-invasive or minimally invasive methods. There are several types of surgical interventions are different from them, to each other, the complexity of the list of the complications, and the cost of the prostate surgery. To select the best option, you need to study the effects of an operation for the removal of the prostate gland, and the feedback on the different options.
The removal of the prostate gland is the elimination of the pathologically proliferating glandular tissue. In severe cases, a treatment in which completely removes the prostate gland.
Surgery to remove the prostate gland
There are several types of surgical treatments:
- Open surgery – excision of the adenoma is done via a puncture of the bladder; this type of intervention to be addressed transvesically Adenomectomy, which is considered to be the most traumatic approach, but it allows you to get rid of the abnormal tissue; it is indicated for complications of the hyperplasia of the prostate gland, for example, intratrahealno in the growth of the formed nodes;
- Minimally invasive method involves the excision of an adenoma of a prostate gland without an incision, using a video-endoscopic instrument through the urethra; for this is a kind of a CIRCLE, and laser enucleation of the prostate.
What are the effects of the surgical removal of the prostate gland in men?
Every surgery has a negative outcome.
Often, after the removal of the prostate gland effects occurred in almost all the time.
It is established that the patient later turns for help to a specialist, as a result, the disease progresses, the treatment remains very small.
It should be noted that the occurrence of the consequences depends largely on the skill of the surgeon, and selected to receive surgical treatment. It is also important in the postoperative play to the individual characteristics of the patient and speed of recovery of function.
It is worth noting the costs for the removal of the adenoma:
- incontinence or retention of urine;
- covered in blood, or the presence of an internal bleeding;
- the lack of an erection or retrograde ejaculation;
- due to the inability to conceive a child;
- an infection of the urethra;
A biopsy of the prostate leads to the occurrence of bad consequences.
The reason for the occurrence of these unpleasant symptoms, you can repeat the biopsy. It often happens that all the above effects take place in a couple of days ago, and it didn't cause any major problems for the patient.
The types and characteristics of surgical treatment of BPH
After the surgery to remove the cancer and the adenoma drug therapy of the patient as well as drugs against pain, antibiotics for the prevention of inflammatory processes of urinogenital sphere, diuretics, diet and therapeutic exercises for the pelvic floor.
After the surgery, there is a small complication:
- a small impurity of a blood and blood clots in the urine for a couple of weeks ago;
- incontinence, frequent urination, which is gradually taking place in and of itself,
- stinging during urination usually disappears when the catheter is removed from the urethra;
- during the ejaculation, is it possible to have some of the reflux of the semen into the bladder (it is safe).
The cause of the disease lies in the failure of the hormonal system. That is, the level of testosterone is considerably reduced, but the estrogen is, on the contrary, has increased.
Treatment of BPH depends entirely on the extent of the neglect. If the disease is detected in the first or in the second stage, the approximate range of the therapy would be this:
- the proper hygiene;
- of physiological processes.
- radical prostatectomy;
- transurethral resection;
Usually, in the initial stages of the disease, when the symptoms bother you enough, and it is expressed in at least the in-patients prescribed medication for the treatment of prostatic hyperplasia.
However, when the disease has reached to the level when you have to treat them with medication is not possible, the use of the method of the surgery. This method is more effective than medication, but it also has its own disadvantages and risks, the treatment plan may be referred to as a risk.
What are the effects of an operation for the removal of the prostate gland?
For many people, the main issue is related to the possibility of the resumption of sexual activity following the removal of the prostate gland.
According to statistics, the erectile dysfunction was observed in 10% of patients. In the presence of erectile dysfunction before the surgery, do not expect any changes.
If, prior to the operation, the sex life was normal after the removal of the prostate gland the incidence of the impotence is temporary and will soon fade away, returning to an earlier sex life.
Very often, too, and found retrograde ejaculation. This is the pathology in the body or in the absence of the sperm is thrown into the bladder and be excreted along with the urine. For the body, it does not carry any danger, but it is almost impossible to imagine. Therefore, such a situation can be considered to be infertility.
In order to avoid the negative consequences after the surgery, it is important to follow the recommendations made in the course of the rehabilitation period of time.
The recovery of the patient, you must to:
- for two months, it is necessary to exclude an active way of life, a sudden movement while in one position should not be more than 40 minutes;
- to strengthen the muscles of the pelvis instead of the Elevator walk up the stairs;
- a month can not take a bath, only a shower two days after surgery;
- to work, they have the opportunity to return two weeks later under the condition that the job does not require heavy physical effort;
- you have to drink a lot of water in order to reduce inflammation and speed healing of his wounds, at least 8 glasses;
- in the course of the recovery period allowed to the heavy lifting, not more than one thousand pounds;
- drive, and sex life is allowed only for one month, after the removal of the prostate gland.
The removal of the prostate gland through the urethra: implications and complications
Unfortunately, by the simple elimination of the consequences of a negative nature is sometimes to be felt. At the end of the operation the patient remained in the hospital for further recovery. For the first time, the unpleasant symptoms often persist. It is a pain in the wound, bleeding in the urine, clots, cramps during urination. This phenomenon is quite natural in a period of a few days.
Thus, the operation for the removal of the prostate gland consequences, as a rule, is the following:
- problems with urination in the form of urinary incontinence or retention. Incontinence is not only that it is not a constant, but the physical effort. Most often it is the result of the collection, to which additional treatment is not needed. A few days later she goes to. Rarely require additional treatment or the use of a urological pads. The cause of the urinary retention could be a blockage in the urethra, a medical error has occurred. In order to solve the problem of requiring an additional surgery or a catheterization of the urinary bladder;
- copious bleeding. This is a dangerous complication that threatens the life of a human being. This can occur not only after an open surgery, but also after the SONG. In this situation, there is a blockage in the urethra by a blood clot. Also, the potential for a serious loss of blood flow, resulting in the need for blood transfusion;
- of water intoxication. This result is also quite a common occurrence and requires surgical treatment. During the time of THE wash of the bladder with a special solution, which, in the case of a large number of in contact with the blood, causing dizziness, nausea, confusion, muscle weakness. Even though the treatment is simple, but it can have serious consequences if it does not take place in a timely manner. As a result of possible kidney and cardiovascular failure, shock, swelling of the brain;
- in the inflammatory process. To find out more and more related to this problem, you can use a urine test will show a bad results. The issue can be resolved by taking antibiotics.
Unfortunately, the prostate, the consequences are quite severe. In 55% of cases the surgery will be scheduled in which there is removal of the prostate gland. One of the most popular which is the TUR (transurethral resection). How is it that such a surgery, as the complications after surgery may occur in the patient, will be described below.