Peyronie's disease – pathology, known only to the male half of humanity.
The disease is characterized by the occurrence of pain during ejaculation, which occurs on the background of fibrosis in the tunica albuginea. The disease is rare and is more common in men at the age from forty to sixty years of age.
In some cases, this disorder can negatively affect a plan, but it is present only in those cases where the penis is curved to the extent that they are not able to get to the female genital organs. Therefore, it is necessary to seek the help of professionals if you experience the first symptoms (the presence of a small seal, which is easy to detect the touch, pain during sex, the virus, every erection).
The basis of treatment is surgery. Among specialists, there's a lot of debate about the efficacy of the oral folk remedies at home.
What is it?
Peyronie's disease — a disease in which the penis is curved due to the progressive fibrotic changes in the protein shell of the penis. The disease is named after the French surgeon Francois Peyronie, who described it in 1743. Most commonly, it affects men at the age from 30 till 60-65 years of age.
The reasons for the development
To date, not fully understood are the reasons that lead to the disease, however, there are the etiological factors that contribute to the pathology:
- injury to the penis;
- disorders of the endocrine system.
- a closed fracture of the penis;
- hardening of the tissues of the penis;
- inflammation of the connective tissue – the connective tissue;
- some abnormality with the immune system.
- the inflammatory process in the urethra;
- taking certain medicine;
- the metabolic disorders;
- the narrowing of the blood vessels, which are characteristic of atherosclerosis;
- elevated levels of serotonin in the body;
- connective tissue disorders;
- the lack of calcium and vitamin D;
- the arterial hypertension;
- bad habits;
- coronary heart disease.
In extremely rare cases, the disease can be inherited. For example, in the outside of the structure of the tunica albuginea, or an abnormally short urethra. Apart from the congenital from the acquired – in the former case, the missing plaque. Not be developed on the background of the threads in the cavernous bodies.
Small deformations are not a serious ailment and do not require surgical intervention.
By etiology we distinguish the following forms of the disease:
- Its shape is characterized by the gradual loss of elasticity and widening of the connective tissue of the penis, which leads to a distortion of the shape and appearance of the pain;
- The congenital form is usually caused by a genetic factor, and it is his performances in the compaction cavernous bodies of the penis.
In addition to this, there are three categories of Peyronie's disease, depending on the degree of the curvature of the penis, and the size of the fibrous education:
- Category 1 – penis curvature of up to 30 degrees, the size of the fibrous plaques up to 2 cm;
- Category 2 – the angle of curvature of from 30 to 60 degrees, the size of the fibrous plaque, 2 to 4 cm;
- Category 3 – the emergence of a strong tilt angle of 60 degrees, the size of the fibrous plaques from the 4 you see
The related symptoms.
The signs and symptoms of Peyronie's disease:
- Erectile dysfunction is the deterioration of an erection (the penis is not increased to the required size, and do not harden).
- Curvature of the penis. This is a feature to be visible.
- The pain. At the time of the erection the patient is experiencing pain, which in the end makes the sexual intercourse very painful.
- A functional decline of the male penis. This is due to the curvature of the body.
- Curvature of the penis (towards the abdomen or the scrotum, or sideways).
- Sometimes, the spot where the plaque can be stretched on to the skin.
- Hypersensitivity of the penis, it is observed that, even in a relaxed state.
- The appearance of the tile with a type of seal under the skin of the penis, sometimes reaching a large size, up to 3 cm, which has a negative influence on the local circulation.
- The irregular shape of the penis. In some cases, when the more plaque, the sexual organ takes on an in form in the shape of a bottle, an hourglass, and so on.
In spite of the fact that the Peyronie's disease is not complicated to god, the consequences of the influence of mental activity and General state of health of the patient:
- broken an erection on the background of pain, as well as a number of the psychological causes (emotional stress, sexual frustration, problems in an intimate relationship);
- a shortening of the penis;
- a psychological disorder is.
With prompt treatment, these negative effects tend to be temporary and superficial. Of great importance in order to overcome the negative consequences and effective rehabilitation has the moral support of a partner.
Indurate Fibroplastic the penis (Peyronie disease) is defined by the experts, and it is fast and easy. The plaque does not leave room for doubt, and, in general, to determine the form of the disease, as well as the ability to carry out a treatment or a surgery. Some of the doctors have been asked to bring a photo erect penis to be established as a level that is curved when excited. A list of the things that the other methods have been used in the treatment of:
- Ultrasound vessels of the penis to evaluate the blood circulation in the area of developing a seal. Also discovered the acute form of the disease;
- MRI diagnostics – tissue of the body. A more accurate way to assess the flow of blood;
- Cavernosography – a x-ray after filling of the cavernous bodies of the radiopaque fluid;
- A biopsy – taking a piece of the tissue for subsequent laboratory tests;
- Doppler – like an ultrasound, to assess the status of blood vessels in the penis.
An appointment for an exam, can give you the urologist or andrologist after the previously-collected anamnesis and palpation of the penis.
An algorithm for the treatment of patients with Peyronie's disease, which is in the early stages of the development:
- The reduction of the pain.
- The removal of the inflammation.
- Resorption of the plaque.
- Is to stop the progression of the disease.
The treatment must last at least six months.
The experts did not recommend the introduction of any kind of drugs directly into the plaque. The fact that it's even a little damage to the integrity of the penis can be increased by fibrosis. Sometimes, however, that with no injections don't work.
In addition to the use of the drug, a person may be recommended physiotherapy impact on the patient's body:
- The use of diadynamic currents.
- The laser treatment.
- The best possible way of treatment.
- UHT. This includes the use of a special device that is the source of the pulse. The doctor sends them straight to the site of fibrosis. This allows you to soften the plaque and straighten the penis. You have to be in a position to implement the SWT, the curve should not be more than 45 degrees.
It is important to remember that the use of any drug is prohibited! This may cause the development of serious complications and health problems.
The surgical treatment of the
The surgical treatment is more effective, as it allows them to be simultaneously correct the distortion and to remove the welded components. The method of surgical intervention is determined, in the case of Peyronie's Disease, an individual. So if you have curvature of the penis at least 45 degrees, and its length is sufficient, plication, when the correction of the defect is due to the overlapping folds on the opposite side, the most recommended. The tissue is sutured to the special cutting, sewing, material, the the penis has lost some length, however, the probability of the occurrence of complications is minimal.
Sufficient penis length, and curvature of more than 45 degrees, a shell cut in the shape of ellipses, and curves on the other hand, produce a closure of a particular suture material. In the event of insufficient length of the penis, or the failure of the patient is of the above techniques resort to the use of plastics. The defect in the tunica, are eliminated through the vaginal layer of the testis, skin graft or synthetic materials.
If Peyronie's Disease occurs with penile erection, then the optimal solution is the penile prosthesis, or fallimentare. This allows you to eliminate the erectile dysfunction and the correct curvature of the penis.
- Horse chestnut. In order to prepare a decoction, you need 20 grams of chestnuts (the fruit). The first grind them and then add to one Cup of boiling water, and then put it on the fire. Boil for a quarter of an hour. When cool, pass through a sieve or cheesecloth, and let it take a quarter of a Glass before a meal. The treatment lasts for three months.
- An herbal infusion. Mix equal parts (100 g), primrose, sage, initial letter, oregano, toadflax, and burdock root. The sending of the collection in a thermos (2 large tablespoons), and add a Cup of boiling water. Leave to infuse for the night. In the morning strain and take half a Cup four times a day, before meals (at least half an hour). It is very important to cook each and every day of the new infusions that they were fresh.
- Ointments of leeches. Measure out one quarter Cup of dried leeches and grind them into a powder. To be confused with a heparin ointment (15 g), Dimexidum (2 big tablespoons) and a glass of white honey. Then each day (for once) and RUB on the penis. Get started with the treatment, when the moon drops.
- Medicinal baths. Three packs of sage pour it in a bucket of boiling water, cover it and leave it for half an hour, then strain. In the meantime, however, the dial on it to the bathroom in water, and pour it back in the strained infusion. But don't get carried away, these procedures can be carried out not more often than once every two days, and only about 15 minutes to complete. As soon as you completed the procedure lay down in the bed. A greater effect is obtained if the bath is used along with the technique of decoction.
Because the disease develops slowly, there is a misconception that when you first sign, it is best to use the medicine, to avoid medical intervention. However, it is important to remember that the performance of the work, it is the only reliable method for the treatment of Peyronie's disease in men.
Measures for the prevention of Peyronie's disease:
- don't have sex in a condition of narcotic or alcoholic intoxication, to exclude any injury to the penis;
- at the age of 30 and € 60 each for a year to pass preventive examinations;
- leading a healthy lifestyle;
- control your weight;
- monitor the pressure;
- wear comfortable underwear;
- exercise regularly.
In case of any disorders of the reproductive system, it is necessary to consult a urologist to make a diagnosis and start a treatment plan.