BPH, or benign prostatic hyperplasia the prostate gland is a benign tumor that mostly affects men of over 40 years of age. It sounds scary, but is a lot scarier being caused, and its complications, urolithiasis, renal failure, intoxication of the whole organism. If the time of the diagnosis of an overgrowth of the prostate gland, surgical intervention can be avoided. How to treat BPH without surgery, we're going to cover in this article.
The etiology of the disease
With age the production of testosterone is reduced, while the levels of female sex hormones (estrogens) have been increasing. As an adaptation of the organism is directly affects the of the prostate gland: its tissue begins to grow, and trying to cope with the increased hormonal load. Usually, the pathological process that lasts for a couple of years ago, about the time that the person is not even aware of their disease. The symptoms develop gradually, and are dependent on the stage of an adenoma.
Symptoms of stage I
The duration of this phase is wide, varying from one year to 12 years of age. The enlarged prostate gland compresses on the urethra, causing the patient, you may see the following signs of illness:
- a small frequent urination, especially at night);
- the difficulty of allocation of urine, weak stream;
- uncontrollable urination in the toilet.
At this stage in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, without surgery shows, almost 80% of the cases.
Signs and symptoms in phase II
The development of the disease, leading to impaired function of the urinary bladder. The external signs become more pronounced:
- the appearance of residual urine after emptying;
- constant desire to urinate;
- a change in the color and consistency of the urine (dark, sweet, and sometimes with blood);
- burning sensation, lower abdominal pain and lower back pain during the urination;
- the progressive reduction of the pressure in the urine;
- the reduction in the duration of intercourse, premature ejaculation, and a decrease or absence of libido;
- the dry, bitter taste in the mouth and thirst (a symptom of renal dysfunction).
Often, the question of the patients in the second stage of the disease, how to treat BPH at this stage, simply, and quickly? The definitive answer to the experts — no way! The treatment may last for months, in some cases, patients require hospitalization, and less surgery.
Symptoms of stage III.
The third stage of the BPH, is a lot more dangerous, since it totally shattered the urinary system. Begun, the disease is characterized by the following features:
- the lack of a toilet;
- the urine dribble out of her stagnation;
- acute incontinence;
- severe pain in the suprapubic region;
- uremic breath;
- weakness, fatigue, apathy;
- dry mucous membranes (evidence of dehydration).
The disease, at this stage, it is treated only in a hospital. If the patient is not given immediate medical attention, the risk of developing serious complications (including death).
Important! Prompt diagnosis and treatment methods in the first part of the second stage of the disease, reduce BPH without surgery. The decision as to the application of certain therapeutic measures to be taken by the doctor after the examination.
In the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia
The diagnosis of a "benign tumor" a lot of the guys plunges into a shock. Their imagination immediately paints a grim picture: operating table, a surgeon with a scalpel, and a river of blood. In fact, it is in the early stages of the inflammatory process in the need for the use of the drug and device therapy.
Treatment with medications
Its main purpose is to normalize the flow of urine and prevent the growth of the tissues of the prostate gland. To do this, use the 2 main groups of drugs.
- Alpha 1-blockers. These medications relax the muscles in the prostate and relief of the pressure on the urethra, allowing the urine to pass freely through it.
- Inhibitors (blockers) of 5-AR enzyme, which promotes the growth of tumor cells. The drugs of this group are the only drugs able to reduce the size of the prostate and recover from BPH is a non-invasive manner.
To eliminate the other factors in the growth of benign tumors and as a preventive measure, it is recommended remedies based on plant extracts: the roots of the African plum (Pygeum africanum), creeping palm (Serenoa Repens), pumpkin seed (Cucurbitae semen), and so on. If the BPH is accompanied by an infection, additionally it is determined by a course of antibiotics.
Important! All of the drugs can be taken if they are prescribed by your doctor.
So how do you get rid of the risk with the help of some medications, it is not always possible, and also to speed up the process of healing, the patient is able to provide physiotherapy treatment. The related work is divided into two major groups.
The most common are laser and electromagnetic therapies, as well as the impact of the disease with the help of an electrical current. These actions contribute to:
- the increased permeability of drugs into prostate tissue;
- stimulation of protective forces of an organism;
- the activation of the circulation of the blood;
- in order to improve the functioning of the central nervous system.
- to reduce the painful sensations.
A direct influence of the adenoma of the prostate, to eliminate the appearance of clinical symptoms of the disease, and the inhibition of its further development. Find the most cost-efficient procedure.
- Cryotherapy is the local freezing of tumors using liquid nitrogen. The low temperatures destroy the abnormal cells, while surrounding healthy tissue is not affected.
- Transurethral microwave thermotherapy is a heat to the prostate via a special generator, which is inserted into the urethra: the waves of high intensity to cause necrosis of the tumor cells, thereby reducing the size of the prostate gland.
- Thermal ablation — the destruction of adenomatous tissue with high temperature (70°C., and more).
- Transurethral needle ablation stops the growth and reduces the volume of the prostate gland due to exposure to radio frequency pulses.
It also contributed to the accelerated healing mud applications, baths, specific exercises, and so on.
The methods of alternative medicine
In parallel with the main treatment, many doctors recommend that their patients were using traditional medicine and alternative techniques, such as adjuvant therapy.
To reduce the severity of the signs and symptoms will help the following recipes.
The soup from the shell of the chestnut. For cooking in the evening to 3 tbsp. chopped bark pour 600 ml of boiling water. In the morning, the infusion must be filtered, and then evaporated on a water-bath until its volume is reduced by exactly one-third (200 ml). Take 30 drops (about 1 tbsp) 2 to 3 times a day before meals. The course is for 2 months.
The rectal suppositories made from honey. Take 1 teaspoon of this medicinal substance, 1 egg, and 3 tbsp rye flour, and all ingredients are mixed thoroughly and in the form of candles. Try to keep them in the freezer. Use it 2 times a day (morning and bedtime), within a period of one month. He then did a two-week break and repeat the course.
The seeds of the pumpkin. Rich in iron and zinc, which are essential to the health of the prostate gland. In the morning, before Breakfast, ate around 30 pieces, or cook up a tasty treat: mash one pound of the seed, and mix it with one Cup of honey. The resulting mass roll into small balls and place in the refrigerator for several hours. Eat 2 to 3 slices prior to eating.
Apitherapy (treatment with the stings of a bee)
Bee venom also contains a lot of useful substances, in particular inorganic acid, histamine and peptides, which are beneficial for the blood vessels. Because of her, and the reflex effects on the body of apitherapy:
- it improves the urination;
- relieves the inflammation;
- it reduces the pain.
Hirudotherapy (treatment by leeches)
The bites of these little "vampires" is to speed up the process of healing for many patients. In the saliva of leeches has revealed a unique enzyme, which has a number of positive features, namely:
- a reduction in the clotting of the blood, and to normalize your the circulation;
- to eliminate congestion;
- the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect;
- go back to the function of the prostate gland.
The diet of adenoma of a prostate gland
There is no miracle drug or the latest version of the hardware methods, you will not have success if you neglected certain rules of supply. To obey is easy, but the benefits are huge.
- Avoid fatty, salty, and spicy foods, alcoholic beverages
- Limit the consumption of coffee, strong tea, pastry
- You have to cook all the meals for a couple, boil, or bake it in foil
- Eat more fresh vegetables and fruits
- Include in your diet high-quality protein (found in lean meat, fish, poultry, legumes, dairy products), soup, cereal
Treating prostate without surgery — a difficult and lengthy process, but with an integrated approach, the chances of recovery are very high. Be healthy!