Phimosis is a serious pathology characterized by disruption of the normal physiological structure of the penis of men.
Phimosis in men is a pathological condition in which it is not possible fully to expose the head of the penis. The disease usually continues extremely painful.
This pathology, always requires treatment. Otherwise it will increase the likelihood of development of inflammation process in the preputial SAC and delay in this urine. Phimosis in men it adds a lot of problems in the casual and even intimate life. The inability to fully expose the head of the penis, leads to loss of sexual desire, erectile dysfunction and the development of different kinds of infections.
What happens if not treated phimosis?
This pathology can cause a lot of negative consequences. First and foremost, patients who begin to develop inflammation under the foreskin, caused by a stagnation of the secretions. In addition, due to inadequate excretion of urine and its back contact in the urine-excretory canal infection occurs in the urethra.
The most dangerous complication of this condition is called paraphimosis. It is a sharp injury on the head. This pathology usually occurs after repeated attempts to expose the head in the course of sexual intercourse. While the foreskin cutting off circulation of the penis, which leads to its swelling. Independent attempts to return to normal condition, usually fail. In this kind of situation without an urgent intervention is needed.
Why develop phimosis in men?
The reason of this pathological state of a variety. These include the following:
- Genetic predisposition. In the male there is a lack of the elastic component of connective tissue.
- Mechanical damage of the penis.
- Inflammation (balanoposthitis, syphilis).
Despite the fact that the causes of phimosis is very simple and timely resolve them could prevent the progression of the disease, experts still need to diagnose. It is a fact that men do not differ in the tendency to closely monitor health, as it is necessary to consult with doctors.
- Difficulties in the implementation of the hygiene procedures. Appears the inability to completely push back the prepuce, which leads to the gradual accumulation of smegma. It is known, is the perfect environment for the life of pathogenic bacteria.
- Swelling of the penis, violation of the usual circulation, pain to the touch.
- Phimosis in men can be manifested by problems with urination.
Classification of the disease
Depending on the degree of the opening of the head there are the following stages of disease:
- The first stage is characterized by certain difficulties in the release of the glans penis during erection in calm state, such problems are not observed.
- The second phase - the inability to open the head in the excited state, even under stress.
- The third phase. Every time when you try to pull the foreskin appear bleeding and severe pain.
- The fourth stage is characterized by painful urination, as the head of the penis is completely covered with leather.
Also, there are several subtypes of this disease:
- Physiological. Occurs in children up to three years. In fact, the disease includes not the final development of the foreskin. After some time (5-6 years) head open. If this does not happen, you will need to consult with a specialist.
- Hypertrophic. In this case, is not a thickening of the epithelium of the foreskin and its protrusion above the head.
- Atrophic. The foreskin is initially thins and then completely atrophied.
- Scar. The edges of the foreskin scars are formed of different size.
First at the reception the doctor will collect a complete medical history, listen to the complaints. In addition, the specialist may ask a number of clarifying questions (when there were problems with urination, whether preceded by symptoms of mechanical damage, etc.).
The diagnostics of this pathology is usually straightforward and is based on the visual inspection of the sexual organ. The doctor also assesses the extent of the exposure of the head, presence of pus under the foreskin. In some cases you may also need to consult a surgeon.
How to treat phimosis in men?
In most cases, eliminate this pathology is possible only through surgical intervention. However, there are conservative methods. One such treatment options is a gradual stretching of the foreskin.
Consistent stretching is not recommended before beginning of moderate pain and repeat several times a day, for a period of 10 minutes. In the process of direct expansion pass, you can gradually increases the amplitude of the translational movements of the full exposure of the head. For greater efficiency it is recommended before the procedure to the tub with hot water.
Phimosis in men sometimes be treated through therapy. It involves the application of the head of the fat with corticosteroids. These medicines are aimed at improving the elasticity of the epithelium, reduction of inflammatory processes and edema. They need to be daily for two months for CLEARING the head.
How else can you overcome phimosis in men? Treatment with surgical intervention is the most effective option for getting rid of this kind of disease. The surgery usually involves the formation of three zig-zag incisions on the foreskin and then stitching. According to experts, this treatment is almost 100% of cases allows to achieve the desired results.
When the scarring variant of the disease is recommended the excision of the foreskin in a circle, that is, circumcision.
The postoperative period
Despite the relatively high efficiency of the surgical treatment of the doctors note in the selected patients, the occurrence of various complications. Often appear minor bleeding caused by the sloppy suturing, and / or inflammation in the outer part of the urethra.
How to prevent the development of such complications in patients with the diagnosis of "phimosis"? In men after surgery of these problems can be avoided if you strictly follow all recommendations of the doctor. It is necessary to take baths with potassium permanganate, use special anti-bacterial creams. In some cases, you may require additional surgery to correct defects of appearance of the foreskin and restore the proper contours of the urethra.
In this article, we talked about what constitutes a pathology such as phimosis in males. Surgery is the most effective method of treatment. With the appearance of the initial symptoms do not need to postpone the visit to the doctor in the drawer. Better at an early stage to cure this disease, and not think about the consequences. Be healthy!