Benign prostatic hyperplasia – hyperplasia of the prostate tissue. Most of the preconditions for its development occur in men older than 40 years, but the adenoma begins to grow after 50. Statistics shows that every second present of this pathology.
Recognize a BPH can be difficult urination, and reduced sexual activity. The expansion of the tissue and reduces the urethra, causing the stream becomes slow and uneven. Because of this, the man feels a strong pain and burning sensation while going to the toilet.
What is adenoma?
Adenoma of the prostate – benign hyperplasia of nature. It is characterized by a slow increase in the number of glands located in the neck of the bladder. At the beginning of the development of the disease in men formed a small nodule that is constantly growing. With the passage of time, this node in the prostate obstructs the urinary channel and causes problems with urinating.
However, the changes caused by her appearance in the prostate, has a negative impact on the health of the people. In the advanced stages of the manifestations of this disease can be painful and uncomfortable. Also, if a long time not to draw attention to the difficulties in urinating, you may experience serious kidney problems.
This disease has a high prevalence. Data from the world health Organization have shown that BPH is found in 40% of men older than 50 years. When over the age of 65 years, the risk of meeting with the pathology increased to 95%. For this reason, every person should undergo regular examination by the doctor, to in the initial stages, to diagnose this neoplasm.
The doctors have no clear idea why it happens BPH. However, a large number of experts believe that the activation of the growth of this neoplasm can:
- Hormonal disorders;
- Irregular sexual life;
- Sexually transmitted infections and sexually transmitted infections;
- Heavy physical work;
- The use of certain medications;
- Drinking alcohol and Smoking;
- The impact on the environment;
- Emotional stress;
- Inflammatory processes in the body;
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system.
To recognize the signs of BPH simply. However, in the early stages of the disease can manifest with symptoms that are similar to other diseases. Signs of adenoma are irritating and lead to changes in urinating. To irritating include:
- Constant urination in the toilet.
- Pain ignoring the urge.
If you ignore the first symptoms of adenoma of the prostate, the tumor grows, putting pressure on the urethra. Because of this, it is narrower, which leads to abnormalities in urination. Can be identified by the following characteristics:
- A thin jet;
- A small amount of single-time of urination;
- Occasional urination;
- Pain during urination;
- The appearance of impurities of blood in the urine, and seeds;
- The necessary supporting activities in the course of urination;
- The urinary retention.
To diagnose BPH in men need to consult with a qualified doctor-urologist. He will conduct all the necessary research that will help to determine the cause of the changes in the prostate. The most important diagnostic measures to diagnose BPH include:
- Palpation of the anus – a procedure in which the doctor eye examines the prostate. It is necessary to determine the exact size of this body, its texture, the presence of nodular formations, the extent of the pain.
- Ultrasound examination is necessary to determine the condition of the kidneys and the prostate. Such a study helps to diagnose the degree of tissue damage, presence or absence of cysts, their direction of growth, presence or absence of stones. Also, it is necessary to determine the functionality of the kidneys, as it has given complications adenoma.
- Transrectal ultrasound of the prostate – a procedure where the doctor will be able to determine the size, the structure of the prostate. It is also necessary, the doctor was able to distinguish the adenoma from the tumor.
- The study of the flow of urine. It is possible to determine all the essential features of the process of urination: the speed, volume, duration.
- Determination of residual urine – procedure, which is a measure of the amount of urine remaining in the urinary channels. The test helps to determine whether surgical intervention or not.
- Method of determining pressure within the bladder.
- Cystography, the study of the circulatory system around the bladder. Are implemented with the use of contrast medium.
- MRI and CT – two diagnostic tests, with which it is possible to determine the structure of the tumor, its size, the degree of sprawl. They, also, needed to clarify the oncological processes.
The greatest importance in this matter are blood tests for markers. With their help it is possible to identify antibodies in the blood, which arise only with the development of malignancies.
Treatment of BPH in men is a serious procedure that requires a highly skilled doctor. It should be possible to fully explore the characteristics of the tumor and of the patient. For this purpose it is necessary to find answers to the following questions:
- Possible malignant nature of the tumor?
- Are there any serious contraindications for surgical intervention?
- What are the symptoms of most concern to the patient?
- If there is a protrusion of the prostate?
- Can the patient lead a normal sexual life?
- What chronic diseases the patient?
- If the patient takes any medications?
- What are the benefits of the treatment you may receive?
Drug treatment of BPH is a gentle way to affect education, however, the effectiveness will be justified only in the initial stages of the disease. Also, the choice of medications should be addressed only by a qualified doctor. By yourself you will not only accomplish nothing, but also provoke the development of serious complications. Only a urologist will be able to say exactly what in your case will help you to cope with the disease.
Physical therapy – a series of procedures through which it is possible to quickly get rid of BPH in men.
Any manipulation, and influence are able to reduce the discomfort and also to stop the growth of the tumor.
The most popular physio treatments anti adenoma can be called ozone therapy, photodynamic therapy, exercise therapy, fasting, and more. However, before you go for such procedures, you should consult your doctor – they have a number of contraindications.
Photo dynamic therapy
Photo dynamic therapy is a modern method of treatment of adenoma of prostate in men. The essence of such effects is the influence of the photodynamic light. In a result node, the surgeon injects a special drug that becomes active only after the laser radiation of a particular wave. Then, the oxygen particles start to move, affecting the affected area. By using this procedure, you will be able to defeat the necrosis and the damaged parts of the tissues.
Ozone therapy is a popular method for the treatment of BPH in men. This is one of the most modern methods of treatment of such formations. Ozone therapy is used for getting rid of many urological diseases. It is effective and without the intake of drugs and money. Statistics shows that a positive result from the effects observed in 95% of cases. Ozone allows you to:
- To establish blood circulation in the pelvic organs;
- To reduce the pain;
- To kill all the pathogens;
- To accelerate oxidation in the urinary organ;
- To remove the inflammation.
With ozone therapy you will be able to achieve good results in the treatment of BPH. This procedure has an excellent therapeutic effect, the effects of which in many aspects are superior to the drugs. It is almost painless, performed without anesthesia. In the course of the procedure can be felt more than mild discomfort which lasts a few days.
Physiotherapy – a therapy which has a special place in the treatment of BPH in men. With the right exercises, you will be able to disperse blood stasis, and also to organize its circulation in the pelvis. There are many different complexes that help to restore the health of the urinary system men. It is very important to engage in physical therapy to prevent the growth of the adenoma, and after the surgery. So you will be able to recover faster and to minimize the likelihood of a recurrence in the future.
Treatment with leeches
Due to the result in cancers of the prostate, is significantly decreased sexual ability of each person. To regain its former strength, many experts recommend to take a course of treatment with leeches.
This method helps to establish the circulation of the blood, and also all harmful substances and toxins from the body.
With an integrated approach adenoma stopped growing or deliver to the owner a lot of discomfort.
However, in the appointment of treatment the doctor needs to assess the condition of the body, as well as the procedure has a sufficient number of contraindications.
Every year the number of operations of the urinary system decreases. This is due to the emergence of a more effective conservative methods of treatment. However, in the treatment of adenomas urologists still resort to surgical procedures. They are especially popular among older men. Studies have shown that with age the risk of adenoma increases significantly. However, many men do not pay attention to the pop symptoms, which the disease spills over into a serious phase. To do without surgery not going to happen.
Surgery is a radical method of treatment of adenoma. On average, the surgery can last from 1 to 6 hours, depending on the size and characteristics of the formation. After surgical excision, a man needs to spend in the supine position 4-5 days, and then allowed to sit. After the surgery, you need to undergo a long recovery process. Also, there is a risk of complications. Often after surgery, men complain of pain in the penis may worsen secondary infection.
To prevent the occurrence of BPH in men will help the compliance with all the preventive measures. It will be of benefit not only of the urinary system, but also of the whole body. Doctors believe that the most important ones are the following recommendations:
- Completely abstain from Smoking and drinking of alcoholic beverages;
- Avoid hypothermia in the body, especially of the lower limbs;
- Try to minimize any stress;
- Change your diet – it should be only natural ingredients;
- Try not to stand in need of the toilet, as it stretches the bladder;
- 2-3 hours before bedtime do not drink any liquids to avoid nighttime urination in the toilet;
- Regularly visit the urologist, to the initial stage of diagnosis of the disease;
- Exercise, see a healthy way of life;
- Avoid stagnation of blood in one place, which is one of the most popular causes of adenoma;
- Provide a regular sex life, so the prostate can produce and get rid of the seed;
- Protect yourself from Stds and venereal infections.
The use of preventive measures will be able significantly to reduce the risk of developing BPH. Also, these recommendations will help to stop the growth of an existing nodule. If there are any symptoms indicating pathology, be sure to consult a urologist.
Traditional methods of treatment
There are several popular recipes that can stop the growth of adenomas. However, it is best to pre-consult with your doctor if you can use them or not. If the wrong approach or if there are contraindications you can seriously harm your body. The most popular prescription drugs against prostate:
- In equal proportions mix the dry st. john's wort, chamomile, oak bark and nettle. Every night brew 2 tablespoons of the mixture into one liter of boiling water, leave to infuse during the night. In the morning, strain and pour into a more convenient container. In one day, you must drink all the soup. The duration of treatment usually lasts 3-4 months.
- Take a few mushrooms Veselka and fill out proportions: 1 mushroom 0.5 vodka. You do not need to use tinctures alcohol, as it will kill all the useful microorganisms. leave the medication for 30 days, and then every morning take one tablespoon of the infusion.
- Mix 100 grams of milk Thistle, 200 – parsley. All this pour 3 liters of boiling water and leave for a week in a dark place. After this time, pour the remedy into the bottle, drink 50 grams 3 times a day.
- In equal proportions mix the buds and bark of birch, which contain large amount of zinc. This trace mineral helps to stop the growth of the hyperplasia of the prostate. Pour their alcohol out of proportion: 2 tablespoons 400 ml. Put cure for a few days in a dark place, then strain and store in refrigerator. Drink one teaspoon every day before meals.