Urethritis is an inflammation process that can occur on the walls of the urethra. The disease is diagnosed quite often and can identify any person, regardless of age and gender. The reasons for it are very different: from non-compliance with personal hygiene to lesions of the urethra of the different pathogens. How to treat urethritis in men?
Characteristics of the disease in men
Men and women the disease has different manifestations, which is associated with the peculiarities of their urogenital system. And if the female urethritis is almost without symptoms, inflammation of the urethra in men is accompanied by various unpleasant sensations.
The reason for the activation of the inflammatory process, according to the doctors, mainly sexually transmitted infections. The first manifestation of the disease is weakness of the body. Her man can feel after only a few hours after the ingestion of the pathogenic microorganism. There are noninfectious causes of disease (trauma, allergic reaction, malnutrition, or personal hygiene, etc.), but, they occur very rarely.
It is important to start treatment of inflammation in the initial stage of its development, as urethritis may lead to the development of pathologies of the urogenital system and reproductive disorders.
The major reasons that cause development of urethritis in men physicians include:
- Diseases that are transmitted through sexual intercourse without a condom (herpes, HPV, gonorrhea, Trichomonas, Ureaplasma, chlamydia, etc.). Basically inflammation of the urethra is only a symptom of such infections.
- Violation of metabolic processes (especially in the pelvic area).
- The effects of the body of various toxic substances.
- Stagnant processes in the pelvic area. The appearance of stagnation of venous blood is preceded by constipation, hemorrhoids, practice of interrupted intercourse.
- Allergy, which can cause for the food, personal hygiene or taking certain medications.
- A large number of acidic and salty food with lots of spices in the diet, which can irritate the mucous membranes.
Cause inflammation can the following factors:
- Physical or mental and emotional fatigue.
- Damage to the walls of the urethra as a result of mechanical impact (medical manipulations, etc.).
Classification of urethritis
According to the primacy of the development of inflammation, the disease is:
- The primary infection develops directly into the urethra.
- The secondary focus of infection become other organs. Along with blood pathogens are able to penetrate into the urethra.
Urethritis and cystitis
These two diseases are very often complement each other, and patients often confuse them, taking one thing for another. But, it turns out, they have significant differences.
First, it is a place where there is inflammation. If urethritis inflamed mucosa of the urethra, and in time cystitis, which are exposed on the wall of the bladder.
Differences of urethritis and cystitis and have symptoms of the disease. In cystitis, the urine has an unpleasant smell and becomes cloudy. In contrast, in men who have urethritis, there is a General weakness of the organism.
The first signs of urethritis in males can occur in different times: a few hours later (allergic illness), through 3-21 day (if caused by pathogens, depending on the type of pathogen) in a few months (viral urethritis), or even a couple of years (tuberculosis hospital).
The characteristic manifestations of the disease are:
- Painful urination.
- Discharge from the urethra (the nature of which is related to the species of the pathogen).
- Burning sensation and itching of the penis.
When the pathology becomes chronic, the symptoms can disappear completely, except for a slight discomfort in the groin area.
If you see any signs of inflammation of the urethra, the man, it is important to take the full course of treatment. If you leave the hospital unattended, the disease can lead to serious consequences. This is reflected in the fact that the inflammatory process can spread to the testes, scrotum and prostate.
One of the complications of the disease — prostatitis
The main complications of urethritis in men include prostatitis, orchitis, epididymitis. The continuing lack of treatment often leads to malfunction of the reproductive system.
To notice any symptoms of urethritis, men need to visit a doctor, who will prescribe the necessary tests and will be able to make an accurate diagnosis. It is on the basis of the diagnostic data is prescribed in the treatment of urethritis.
For the time of the examination, the urologist will palpate the urethra for its seals and pain, check inguinal lymph nodes. In addition, it will examine the distribution and will determine whether there is swelling.
For accurate diagnosis, the man will have to pass some examinations and tests:
- The swabs are taken on the walls of the urethra.
- Analysis of urine and blood.
- Bacterial cultures for identification of antibiotic sensitivity.
- The study of the urethra.
- PCR (analysis enables to identify the specific pathogen, which is particularly important for the treatment).
- Screening for syphilis and HIV.
Before to set certain medication for the treatment of urethritis in men, the doctor will pay attention to the patient that for the entire period of therapy is necessary to completely eliminate the sex. This includes not only classic sex, but also oral sex and even Masturbation. In the case if the development of the disease caused infection that can be transmitted sexually, compulsory treatment will be a partner of the man.
It is also important to follow a special diet. During this period, we need to completely eliminate their diet spices, pickles, oily, salty and spicy food. It is forbidden to drink alcohol. To speed up the process of recovery during treatment, you need to keep drinking regime. It needs every day to drink at least 2 liters of clean water without gas.
Treatment of urethritis is always based on the use of antibiotics to cure the disease impossible. The name of the medicine and its dose should be determined by the doctor based on the results of the test. Each of the possible agents is their sensitivity to antibacterial preparations, so the common antibiotics for the infection on the bladder for the treatment not suitable.
To reduce pain, men prescribed antiseptic preparations. It can be as drugs in form of tablets and local funds.
Candles and fat
To speed up the healing process help of local medicines that are used in combination with antibacterial therapy. Rectal candles in their effectiveness in comparison with injections.
To restore protective forces of the organism, the doctor will prescribe the patient immunomodulators. They are always included in the main course of treatment, such as decreased immunity is considered to be one of the main reasons for the development of the disease. They need to be taken in the addition of antimicrobials to support the immune system.
In the course of the treatment of urethritis, male it is important to eliminate the deficit of vitamins and minerals. Therefore, the doctor may prescribe medicines (multivitamin preparations with a high content of vitamins A, C, D, and e to Replenish the supply of vitamins in the body, helps balanced diet and the enrichment of the diet of fresh fruits and vegetables.
It is important to understand that to completely cure the disease folk remedies impossible. However, their use together with a drug that helps to prevent relapse and accelerate recovery. This can be used decoctions and infusions of herbs that you can prepare at home:
- The infusion made from the leaves of the black currant. This tool has an antiseptic effect and helps to enrich the body with vitamins. To cook 3 tablespoons of dried leaves pour 250 ml of boiling water and leave to cool. After this infusion is filtered and taken 15 minutes before meal three times a day.
- The decoction of oak bark. This tool eliminates the pain and burning sensation, which appear at the time of urination. For cooking 1 tablespoon of raw materials, pour 250 ml boiling water and kept in water bath for about 20 minutes. After cooling, the decoction is filtered and accepted on 1 tablespoon before each meal. Use the pulp, also, of sitz baths.
- Infusion of cornflower. To prepare 1 teaspoon of dried flowers poured 250 ml of boiling water and infused for at least 1 hour. After that, the medium is filtered and taken three times a day before meals for 2 tablespoons. Medicine, helps to relieve inflammation and normalize the microflora.
Urethritis in children
Inflammation of the urethra can not only affect the adults. Urethritis in children, not less common. A reason look can and communicable and non-communicable factors. To the infectious considered the hit of the urethra of bacteria, viruses, gonococci, Trichomonas, Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma. Among non-infectious factors is dominated by trauma (passing through the urethra stones or medical procedures), allergic reactions and congestive processes in the pelvic area. In addition to its appearance can cause a narrowing of the urethra.
Symptoms in children is always associated with sex. Boys are more characteristic burning sensation during urination, itching on the penis, discharge (white or with mucus) and the presence in the urine, from the blood. In girls, the disease is manifested by frequent urination and pain in the abdomen.
Diagnosis using urine and secretions from the urethra. If the doctor suspects a chronic form of the disease, the child will be held urethroscopy.
The treatment is carried out depending on the form of the disease. In the case of the acute stage of urethritis using antibiotics, which are suitable for certain age groups. In the case of the detection of the chronic forms, in addition to the use of antibiotics, the patient is administered medications for the maintenance of immunity and the introduction of drugs into the urethra.
After the treatment, the child should be re-considered. Along with medication, the child needs a special diet (with the exception of the smoked, spicy and salty) and drinking mode.
In the absence of treatment in the initial stage of the disease, urethritis, the child may go into the chronic form, when the cure becomes much more difficult.
Any disease, including urethritis, it is easier to avoid than to deal with the consequences. For this man, it is important to follow certain preventive rules:
- Strictly obey rules of personal hygiene.
- Wear underwear made from natural material.
- Avoid using other people's things for individual use (towels, bedding, etc.). Thus, it is possible to get infected with various infections and fungi.
- To abandon promiscuity. To have a permanent partner. In case of contact with a casual partner, it is important to use barrier methods of contraception (condoms).
- Regularly (at least 2 times a year), a man must undergo a preventive examination by a urologist. This needs to be done, even if nothing do not be worried, because many infections are capable to not manifest, however, cause the male body irreparable damage.
- Timely treatment for any genital infections and diseases that are caused by a fungus. This is due to the fact that they are able to give complications in the urethra, causing the development of urethritis.
- To avoid hypothermia, especially in the genital area.
- To protect the area from possible injuries.
- Avoid excessive physical and emotional fatigue.
- To provide yourself the proper nutrition with enough vitamins and minerals in the food.
- To observe the drinking regime and drink during the day at least 2 liters of clean water without gas.
- To get rid of bad habits or to reduce them to a minimum.
- To avoid the delay of urination, and at the first urge to empty the bladder.
- To strengthen the body and use vitamins for immune support.
Every year a large number of the men faced with such a diagnosis, urethritis. To cause inflammation of the urethra may be a number of reasons. The most common are infections that are transmitted sexually. In addition, the release of allergic and traumatic urethritis not associated with getting into the urethra pathogens.
No matter what was the reason for the inflammatory process, the disease requires mandatory treatment, which can be assigned only by the physician after performing a comprehensive diagnosis and identify the causative agent. All medical advice should be strictly observed by the patient. This is due to the fact that urethritis difficult to treat and if the therapy is of course to the end, relapse, transfer of urethritis chronic or develop complications.