Urethritis is an inflammatory process of the mucous membrane of the urethra (the urethra), which causes a large number of bacterial, viral and fungal agents. It is considered that the most frequent pathologies of the genitourinary system in men who are sexually active without the use of barrier contraceptives and have more than one partner. Most often, it works against other inflammatory diseases of the genital organs.
Given the peculiarities of the anatomical structure in men, urethritis is more severe than in women.
In the urethra pathogenic microflora gets in the way:
Causes of urethritis
Doctors allocate a certain list of factors that cause development of urethritis.
- chronic stress;
- local trauma;
- the lack of personal hygiene;
- poor diet;
- severe systemic pathology;
- chronic diseases;
- diseases of the genitourinary system.
Directly urethritis can cause 2 groups of reasons:
- stagnation of blood in the venous network of the pelvis;
- kidney stones;
- injury to the urethra;
- hyperplasia of prostate;
- Escherichia coli;
Given the pathological mechanism of urethritis is:
- primary, when the inflammation is formed directly in the urethra;
- secondary, in which the infectious agent into the urethra coming from the pathological focus elsewhere in the body.
In terms of the localization of the inflammation in the wall of the urethra are distinguishable urethritis:
Symptoms of urethritis in men
With the development of the disease the man makes the following complaints:
- the allocation of purulent character from the urethra, you can have a color from yellow to green, and stand out in a large amount in the beginning of the inflammatory process;
- swelling of the urethra;
- at the end of urination is a possible observation of t.n " in a small amount;
- the pain during urination;
- the pain of a sharp character in the urethra.
This clinic is evolving, regardless of what urethritis: non-specific or specific. The only difference is that non-specific urethritis is confirmed when the swabs for other infections do not give a positive analysis.
Causes and symptoms of chronic urethritis
Chronic urethritis is observed very rarely and it happens on the background of these situations:
- weak immune system of the patient;
- prevalence of the pathological agent of the other organs;
- inappropriate or insufficient treatment of urethritis in Stroy form.
Answer: ___________________________ Note: when the disease becomes chronic, the swelling of the urethra occurs, and to highlight the cut. Often a man does not think that the disease is transmitted, but in fact the disease has moved to the latent stage. If you can not conduct the therapy, the types of bacteria that are settled in the prostate and seminal vesicles, in the end, will provoke prostatitis, epididymitis and other diseases.
The diagnosis of urethritis in men
Confirmation of the diagnosis is based on examination of the patient, which includes the following points:
- A consultation with a urologist. The doctor is located outside of the complaints of the men carried out an objective examination of the genital area. Also to take into account the presence of chronic diseases, urethritis in history.
- Laboratory diagnosis: widespread test of the bacteria from the urethra (it allows you to identify and determine the type of pathogenic micro-organisms and to determine their sensitivity to antibiotics); PCR (allows you to quickly and accurately identify the causative agent in the urological test); urine (with his help determine the level of the lesion of the urinary tract); microscopy (the mission and objectives of learning at the cellular level).
- Instrumental methods: urethroscopy (it is performed after reduction of the acute period of eye inspection of the walls of the urethra under optical magnification); diagnostic ultrasound (provides the ability to visualize the bladder, prostate, kidney, and to evaluate any changes in them); x-ray of the urethra (performed after the previous introduction in it of radiopaque substances, when the acute phase is not carried out).
Treatment of urethritis in men
The treatment of this disease in most cases can be done at home, when the patient visits the medical institution to undergo therapeutic treatments. Hospitalization of the patient is only required in severe cases.
Important: before you can treat urethritis, you have to correctly identify the causative agent, as it directly depends on the efficiency of the therapy eliminates the risk of transition to chronic.
The treatment of urethritis include the following items:
- the refusal of the sexuality in the time of therapy;
- compliance with the drinking mode;
- abstinence from alcohol;
- antibiotic therapy;
- the refusal of sharp and spicy food;
- means of immunotherapy (if necessary);
- local treatment (carried out after the reduction of acute symptoms in the administration of medicines in liquid form in the urethra).
Drugs and medications for urethritis
The choice of antibiotic may exercise only the doctor, after bacteriological examination. This is justified by the fact that improper selection of drugs may cause complications and failure of therapy. Antibiotics can be used in any form (tablets, injection, suppositories).
Prevention of urethritis
To minimize the risk of disease men should follow these rules:
- to avoid injury of the penis;
- drink plenty of fluids;
- to avoid frequent change of sexual partners;
- immediately treat any disease;
- to avoid hypothermia.